Away Match Day Thread 17-10-2020 L1 Peterborough United v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

How’s this not a penalty? Think it’s time for referees to do a press conference after every game to justify there decisions.

That was the most blatant penalty ever, in real time and on the replay. For both the ref and the linesman not to see it, they must have been looking the other way, or cheats. No other explanation

Sorry but there’s no way Eastwood’s positioning was right for the first goal.

Second goal is less of an error, through the legs happens to keepers when it’s struck hard and low and right at them. Still makes them look silly and a great keeper adjusts his feet but you can forgive it. For the first goal however he was absolutely stuck in no-mans land - neither one nor t’other
Immediately after the goal I posted that Eastwood was in no-mans-land but now I have watched the goal back a number of times I think he had the right to have expected one of the centre backs to have been first to the ball and was going out to make himself available for the backpass. But given our luck that probably would have flown over his head.

Well let's just hope that KR isn't as complacent as some of the posters on here!
Our poor starts in the previous two seasons were offset by the presence of players like Nelson, Whyte, Baptiste, Fosu, Cadden and Dickie. There's no evidence to suggest that the likes of Kelly, Clare, McGuane etc are up to that standard.
Three poor starts in a row is the kind of pattern that rightly gives cause for concern.
Yes total agree , we was saying that yesterday.

A BIGGER picture of the non-penalty :

EkmdDZZXUAAT4yy

No need to panic yet chaps. Many years ago someone wrote ,for the loser now will be able to win, for the times they are achanging. The performance of the officials is getting worse in my opinion as many give up because of the threats and intimidation they receive from the touch line. The picture above is a classic example of how not to see a foul when it blatantly is. It has to change.

Utterly insane decision.

Surprised Kip hasn't come out and defended the referee
It would be amusing how the Peterborough press caption that the main talking point in that pic is the a 'save' from Pym, if only it wasn't happening to us...:cry:

On another tack - that shirt pull meets all criteria for a red card as a professional foul. Game changing bad luck, innit?

It would be amusing how the Peterborough press caption that the main talking point in that pic is the a 'save' from Pym, if only it wasn't happening to us...:cry:

On another tack - that shirt pull meets all criteria for a red card as a professional foul. Game changing bad luck, innit?
let's be clear and fair nobody saw that with the naked eye at the time so hardly an insane decision.

I saw it and was screaming for a pen at my tv. Think the ref didnt give it as agyei got his shot off despite being manhandled. Think agyei and the rest of the team should have made more of a fuss around the ref tbh.

I saw it and was screaming for a pen at my tv. Think the ref didnt give it as agyei got his shot off despite being manhandled. Think agyei and the rest of the team should have made more of a fuss around the ref tbh.
Agyei did thump the ground at the time which i thought was his frustration at not scoring more than not getting a pen.

i think it unlikely the ref saw it rather than didn't give it because Agyei managed to shoot.

Pekalski was fit for some of his time here, just along with Hanson was a strange player to pay a fee for and give big wages to.
Yes it was, felt almost like the manager was more interested in getting his mates paid than serving his employers.

I can tell you from experience when shown video evidence referees will say they made a mistake and apologise. Its all.they can do.

It doesn't help any, although there is a school of thought that you will coincidentally get the rub of the decisions in the next game...

let's be clear and fair nobody saw that with the naked eye at the time so hardly an insane decision.
Have to disagree, I, and many others saw the pull back, can't believe the ref didn't.

Agyei would have likely buried that otherwise and we'd have been 1-0 up. A minute later, they go up the other and and score.

It was the key moment of the game.

Blatant penalty and frustrating but still irrelevant IMO. If we would have gone 1-0 up I honestly couldn't see us winning that game, they created so many chances and got in behind continuously throughout. All ifs buts and maybes but we lost to the better side, the penalty decision just papers over the cracks

Blatant penalty and frustrating but still irrelevant IMO. If we would have gone 1-0 up I honestly couldn't see us winning that game, they created so many chances and got in behind continuously throughout. All ifs buts and maybes but we lost to the better side, the penalty decision just papers over the cracks

Although going 1-0 up, the players may gain confidence/belief and that changes the dynamic/balance of play for both teams.

I would argue we got behind them as many times as they did us. They were just clinical when they did..

He’s just signed a four year contract. Are you going to pay it off with your pocket money? Probably half a million quid at least
What a stupid comment! The board gave him the 4 year contract. It’s up to them to put it right if it comes to it. I hope it won’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom