Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
While he cant be blamed for the disastrous first half , to me it seemed almost every 50/50 was given in Rotherham's way .(it did appear at times that he wasnt giving many if any decisions in Our favour)....and one set of rules applied to the visitors with a stricter set applied to the home side....if there is such thing as an awayer referee, David Webb yesterday was one of them
A 3/10 from me

Last edited:
surely sarge if every 50/50 in your opinion appeared to be given their way he must get at least a 5 by definition :)

3 would suggest he was very poor and he was far from that imho

He let Rotherham persistently offend in that game, breaking the game up - Webb was the perfect Ref for how they setup. If something was in front of him, he gave it, but in itself, it was a rare occurrence.

It felt like more decisions went to them, but I think that often enough to reason that I might be biassed. I liked his free kick wall pacing, which is my new hobby to look out for.

surely sarge if every 50/50 in your opinion appeared to be given their way he must get at least a 5 by definition :)

3 would suggest he was very poor and he was far from that imho

Agreed.

Walking out all I heard about was people complaining about the Ref blaming him for the defeat (not accusing you of that Sarge). We lost because we were poor in the 1st half and Rotherham were excellent in that period.

Some of the things people moaned about were hilarious, complaining he gave them a corner when it came off their player, but ignored that the Ref/Lino couldn't see it through the Oxford player.

Where he was inconsistent for me was in cautions. He rightly booked Gorrin for a cynical foul but they got away with loads (no.6 got away with 2 or 3). Persistent fouling also didn't seem to attract a caution either which their left winger got away with a fair few in a short time.

He wasnt as bad as some are making out ,i gave him a 6/10 he did appear to be a little man with an attitude tho,his one thing that really got my goat was when he gave us a free kick and we were all going mad that he didnt get his card out......he did his foam sh1t and paced out the yardage and faffed about THEN he called the player over and carded him,he shouldve done that before anything else imo.....he was playing to the crowd i think

How many times did he allow them to just go straight through the back of Shandon and push him over? Worst referee performance I've ever seen, they got away with everything.

He wasn't the reason we lost (we didn't need any help doing that), but was awful. Inconsistent and had little control. Bookings were fairly random and wanted to be the centre of attention.

Very inconsistent in what he gave and what he didn't. At times clueless as to what is a perfectly good tackle. Josh Ruffel's did really well to get alongside a Rotherham man and won the ball as you would want you full back to do. Impossible to do without a bit of contact. Clearly no foul except in Webb's eyes it was.
He also rightly penalised Dickie for shirt pulling. Yet a couple of seconds earlier Dickie was in their penalty area when we had a corner and from where we were sat we could plainly see his shirt being pulled. Webb blew up and ..... gave a free-kick against Dickie. On that evidence and as a biased Oxford fan I have to say, another tosser.

So, the s**t ref is live on sky reffing the Fulham v Middlesbrough match. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom