Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/02/20 Burton Albion v OUFC +++

Cam plays well, the team starts to play well.

Gorrin and Cam play well, the team starts to look real contenders.

Gorrin, Cam and Henry all play well together and we start to look really dangerous.

Cut out the individual mistakes of last night and get these three playing well together and things would look quite different.

As for Mackie, his best role would be game management and usual "shithousery" in the last 30 minutes when were already ahead from an Agyei goal[emoji16]

Simple stuff!

In the grand scheme of things it wasn’t a bad point, we all want to win every game but considering they whipped our arses at home!!

• React
Reactions: m
Wake up, Robbo, I think I’ve got something to say to you
It’s late in the season and I really should be starting soon
I know Mackie keeps you amused
But I’m being underused
Oh, Robbo, I couldn’t have tried any moreeeeee ....
".......I've scored as many as Jamie Mack,

So please put me in the attack,

He stole my starts and that's what really hurts"

Cam plays well, the team starts to play well.

Gorrin and Cam play well, the team starts to look real contenders.

Gorrin, Cam and Henry all play well together and we start to look really dangerous.

Cut out the individual mistakes of last night and get these three playing well together and things would look quite different.

As for Mackie, his best role would be game management and usual "shithousery" in the last 30 minutes when were already ahead from an Agyei goal[emoji16]

Simple stuff!
Spot on. Apart from Mackie’s contribution should be from 75 minutes if we’re winning. If we need a goal, leave him sitting.

From my vantage point behind the goal last night I got the impression that there is a degree of discontent amongst the players.
After Burton’s 1st goal Cam raced back to our goal to give Eastwood a volley of grief and then during the second half Dickie, Long and Eastwood could be seen having a heated exchange.
Then, after the game Robinson comes out in the press to day he has a number of frustrations (not players or fans).

Reading between the lines and from the snippets I get out of my source, I’m convinced the two sales have dampened the spirit of the remaining player squad and management as much as us.

Football League should bring midweek away prices down to £10 or they will gradually decrease due to rise of ifollow.
Will never happen, when they are hellbent on destroying their own competition at the bidding of the premier league overlords.

From my vantage point behind the goal last night I got the impression that there is a degree of discontent amongst the players.
After Burton’s 1st goal Cam raced back to our goal to give Eastwood a volley of grief and then during the second half Dickie, Long and Eastwood could be seen having a heated exchange.
Then, after the game Robinson comes out in the press to day he has a number of frustrations (not players or fans).

Reading between the lines and from the snippets I get out of my source, I’m convinced the two sales have dampened the spirit of the remaining player squad and management as much as us.

Inclined to agree.... but that is something they have to get over, remain professional and push on. We also have to try to find positivity, belief and support.

Nothing that a few wins on the bounce can’t sort.

^^^ this.

However, the team still didn`t quit and grabbed a point. Not long ago we would have lost that with out a second thought.
Credit where it is due KR is managing a very messy situation very well and keeping the team functioning.

One question from me...... who the feck do Burton survive on those crowds?

So why didn’t he come on against Peterborough? It’s one thing saying he’s just good enough to be a sub - fine, but he’s not even getting on every game.

Even when coming on and scoring, people want to have a go at him. Did nothing? I counted one time he got the ball and made a mistake (misshit a cross straight out of play). Every other time he made a pass or did something positive. Compare that to Holland, who gave the ball away multiple times. Yet that isn’t mentioned.
On the first, you'd have to ask the Gaffer

On the second, you'd have to speak to Kinniburgh (a football coach). His comments were impartial and unemotional - I was surprised to hear him say it, but appreciate them nonetheless.

The obsession with Agyei is really weird...

Yes, good management to bring him on in this match, but hardly play him in any others.

Yes, it's a pity all he did was score a goal to get us a point. Why on earth he couldn't have run around jumping into people only he will know.
All he did was score a goal... bloody hell I’ve read it all now, has someone ever pointed out to you that he’s a striker? And were you aware that it’s normally the main goal of a striker to put the ball in the back of the net?

I couldn’t care less if the guy sat down for half the game, if he scores a goal, his output is still worlds away from what Mackie produces in a game
The quotes were from Rad Ox, but as I say, the obsession with Agyei is weird. I am pleased he scored

No that surprising if you look at the bigger picture. Injuries at bad times to influential (goal scoring) players. Apparent interest in several players, two of whom are sold in the window, leaving others to possibly think "what if". Ia ctually thought Dickie in particular looked out of sorts a few games back (more attitude than ability) and it is difficult to tell with Brannagan because of his injury lay off and (possibly) slower than hoped for return to full fitness.

Everyone knew that Cadden would be off in January for anything other than silly money. The long stated aim to strengthen up top and at Right Back failed miserably....and maybe just maybe Robbo was told he didn't have to sell if he couldn't strengthen in those key positions, only to find the goalposts shifted when a "too good to refuse" offer came in. He wouldn't be the first manager to be told by his board that he had to make do.....

Whatever the ins and outs of the last few weeks, whilst FosBap were important to the overall squad, lets not pretend that they were absolutely vital to its success. The squad now need to show their mettle and their mental strength and resilience as players to over come this. For all those players whose heads have been turned and might have options lined up in the summer, they now need to prove they have the toughness not to crumble under pressure (when fully fit) because their potential suitors will think rather a lot less of them if they can't show the right attitude and resillience.

We're in a difficult spot for sure, but now is the time that genuine contenders and professionals show what they are made of.

The quotes were from Rad Ox, but as I say, the obsession with Agyei is weird. I am pleased he scored
Of course it isn't weird at all.

The guy playing in his position, instead of him, doesn't score goals, adds little else of significant benefit. The vast majority of those watching can see that.

No one is saying Agyei is a world beater, but almost every time he has come on he has added something to the team performance.... And, quite importantly, actually scores goals, as well as creating opportunities for other goals.

The very weird thing, is KRs reluctance to play him. I dont buy at all any line that he is easing a young, inexperienced, player into the team.

Of course, it might be the case that Agyei scored in part because he brought speed against a tiring defence, as someone (Stevie K?) in the commentary team pointed out. So rather than critiquing KR for not having started him perhaps it's worth congratulating him for using his substitutions wisely.

I just find it really hard to believe that someone who's known for bringing the best out of young players, and being strongly supportive of them (except when they cock up), would decide not to play someone because of some type of casual dislike. It just doesn't make sense.

Of course, KR obviously values Mackie for more than his goal-scoring abilities--but I'd rather play someone who scores the odd goal than someone best known for his "shithousery". There again, I'm obviously not a manager!
I mean KR isn’t a saint... anyone remember the treatment of Ivo Pekalski?

The problem is that those who make the decisions had a choice as they sat back in the office chair, Stick, (Keep what we had)
Twist (Add the players in areas the manager identified) or Fold (Grab the money and risk ruining the feel good factor )
They clearly chose the latter.

What worried me last evening was the number of times a player just stood and watched rather than challenge, there was 1 case where Kelly and i think Ruffles ? both stood staring at the ball no movement or anything as an opponent just strolled up and took it

Long appeared to have a pop at Dickie for a pass he gave when Long had an opponent close by and Dickie was giving verbals back.

With all due respect to Burton, i think we made them look a lot better by appearing to be attending rather than playing at times.

Of course, it might be the case that Agyei scored in part because he brought speed against a tiring defence, as someone (Stevie K?) in the commentary team pointed out. So rather than critiquing KR for not having started him perhaps it's worth congratulating him for using his substitutions wisely.

I just find it really hard to believe that someone who's known for bringing the best out of young players, and being strongly supportive of them (except when they cock up), would decide not to play someone because of some type of casual dislike. It just doesn't make sense.

Of course, KR obviously values Mackie for more than his goal-scoring abilities--but I'd rather play someone who scores the odd goal than someone best known for his "shithousery". There again, I'm obviously not a manager!

Tiring defence? there was 30 minutes or so to go and rather than tiring i would suggest their defenders were guilty of complacency and frost bite as up to that point we hardly troubled them.

Spot on. Apart from Mackie’s contribution should be from 75 minutes if we’re winning. If we need a goal, leave him sitting.
Well he can stand to give verbals to the ref, we might get lucky and he collects 5 yellows while doing this :ROFLMAO:

I can't blame them at all to be honest, it also makes the summer a hell of a lot more difficult, no way you could sell any of the players the whole we want to get to the Championship dream in order to keep them after you seemingly gave up the opportunity in January. The likes of Cam and Dickie will want out if a Champ club comes calling I would imagine

i know i get jumped on by certain posters for having an opinion, but it hardly helps spouting the ambition card whilst adding we wont stand in your way at the first opportunity.
Players who join constantly coming out with ambitious club,facilities great fans etc does not wash when in the majority of cases they and their parent clubs are using us to further their careers elsewhere not with us.

Back
Top Bottom