Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/02/18 OUFC V BRISTOL ROVERS MATCH THREAD +++

What on earth did you find encouraging about that performance? Hoofing the ball up to our only forward with his back to goal. A forward half a yard short. Torn apart down the flanks. Eastwood kicking the ball anywhere. On the backfoot for 75 minutes. There was no man of the match for me. Not one shot on goal in the second half. You were certainly watching a different match to me. No problem getting out, half the East stand had gone before the five added minutes. A truly dreadful performance all round.

Truly dreadful indeed &, if we had been playing a "better"side than Rovers, it could well have been another 7 or 8 thrashing! The sooner DE comes clean with exactly what is going on behind the scenes then the happier supporters will be.

Well, that was awful and resulted in me getting very drunk.

Mousinho was very poor. Smith-Brown and Martin lost their man far too many times at the back post when balls were coming in from the right. Midfield was non-existent apart from Rothwell. I would happily never see Thomas play again in yellow on that performance and stick with a false nine for the rest of the season, unfit, uninterested, useless as a lone striker. He made maybe 4/5 runs closing a ball down, but just hovered around the halfway line for 80 minutes. Still like the look of Mowatt though.

Bit tedious really, need Dickie in the team and Brannagan/Pekalski fit to kick our midfield up the jacksy. Hopefully Williamson will leave in the summer and we'll get Raglan straight back. Hopefully.

Have to admit that due to where I live, this was the first game for me this season and after what I saw, probably the last.
I followed United through thick and thin, all the way to the top, all the way back down and then the revival.
I have seen great United teams and I have seen poor United teams, but what I can never accept is a United team with no fight. No Guts, no interest in what that shirt means to the fans. If you don't want to run your guts out for OUFC then p*ss off now. I would happily follow a team that would fight for their place in Non league rather than that bunch of tossers. P.S. I'll glady give the team talk for the next home game, but more than half the team won't want to hear it. Rant over

Truly dreadful indeed &, if we had been playing a "better"side than Rovers, it could well have been another 7 or 8 thrashing! The sooner DE comes clean with exactly what is going on behind the scenes then the happier supporters will be.

On that, I felt BR looked very like a team that had just lost their main source of goals - which of course they had with the sale of Bodin. Good build up but just about lacking end product, or an efficient finisher. That chance first half where the ball was flashed across our box at pace and their player just had a swing and a miss at it from about 10 years out being a case in point. As you say, could probably have been a fair bit worse for us.

Have to admit that due to where I live, this was the first game for me this season and after what I saw, probably the last.
I followed United through thick and thin, all the way to the top, all the way back down and then the revival.
I have seen great United teams and I have seen poor United teams, but what I can never accept is a United team with no fight. No Guts, no interest in what that shirt means to the fans. If you don't want to run your guts out for OUFC then p*ss off now. I would happily follow a team that would fight for their place in Non league rather than that bunch of tossers. P.S. I'll glady give the team talk for the next home game, but more than half the team won't want to hear it. Rant over

With the greatest of respect, if that is your attitude it’s a bit rich to then criticise players for not giving their all.

You have seen one game and thrown in the towel. If you had been able to see many more this season you would have seen not just the horrific side of our game but also some pretty impressive football.

We can go from the sublime to the redicolus in the space of 45 minutes.

But you giving up on the team after seeing only 90 minutes this season is a pretty unfair assessment.

We’re not great but it’s not all bad.

Where do you live? The Outer Hebrides? How can you give the next team talk, you live too far away. I think we have heard enough.

This ‘ Robin Shater’ chap was quite lucky that his only home game of the season was Rovers.

The bloke would have spontaneously combusted if he had see the Wigan effort.

Look Robin , if you’d been at the Valley last week you would have seen ‘ guts’ a plenty.

We are a spectacularly inconsistent side - but I don’t see many people giving up like you.

With the greatest of respect, if that is your attitude it’s a bit rich to then criticise players for not giving their all.

You have seen one game and thrown in the towel. If you had been able to see many more this season you would have seen not just the horrific side of our game but also some pretty impressive football.

We can go from the sublime to the redicolus in the space of 45 minutes.

But you giving up on the team after seeing only 90 minutes this season is a pretty unfair assessment.

We’re not great but it’s not all bad.

Sorry but I have seen every home game this season and there are players who don't give everything week in week out.

We have played well in some games but over the last ten games (Charlton apart) we have been hopeless

Adam Smith the keeper turned in another C*****h show. But then he was always a c**t against us for Northampton and has been sacked for being a bit of a racist allegedly so not a surprise.

Im also stunned to hear so many people saying we were crap second half. When i dared venture that yesterday i got shouted down by the forum ostriches. Must just be cos its me :)

Adam Smith the keeper turned in another C*****h show. But then he was always a c**t against us for Northampton and has been sacked for being a bit of a racist allegedly so not a surprise.

Im also stunned to hear so many people saying we were crap second half. When i dared venture that yesterday i got shouted down by the forum ostriches. Must just be cos its me :)

Didn't realise that was him. Explains a lot, up there with Vigoroux in the C*****h goalkeepers stakes.

Edit: Love that I can post the word C*****h and the asterisks don't appear!!!

I’m also stunned to hear so many people saying we were crap second half. When i dared venture that yesterday i got shouted down by the forum ostriches. Must just be cos its me :)

No Kip, it’s not “just because it’s you”, is it? And you’ve just illustrated my particular point perfectly.

Popping up every week on the 75th minute to insightfully observe that we’re crap again doesn’t make you the Nostradamus of football...it just means you have eyes. As you have correctly observed...lots of other correspondents noticed it too.

If only you’d occasionally post something positive, in the first half, when we’re actually winning...I’m sure you’d find the response to your other posts different indeed.

The shame is that you often show you’re articulate, it’s just with 98% negative posts how on earth are you surprised that people believe you to be a Swindon troll?

Didn't realise that was him. Explains a lot, up there with Vigoroux in the C*****h goalkeepers stakes.

Edit: Love that I can post the word C*****h and the asterisks don't appear!!!

Looks like admin have adjusted the swear filters and edited my post? The asterisks are back!

Just when I thought I could say what I really thought!

Living in Wigan, I do not need reminding of that result and yes, I did stop watching United when Wilder preferred playing bone idle loanees before our own players. I'm not sure exactly when that was, but I'll take my stalker's word on it being 2013.
As a paying customer I have the right to my opinion and the right to keep my money in my pocket if I am not happy with the product.

Back
Top Bottom