Home Match Day Thread 1/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hucker was about five foot six! And didn’t go on anywhere after us. I think it’s very difficult to assess keepers as they aren’t in play the whole time and can’t be compared with the rest of the players on the field.
6' 2" , England u21's and MOM in Facup final before us .....played some great games for us in the top flight...... Easty a good servant for us in league 1 ....couple of very good seasons.

6' 2" , England u21's and MOM in Facup final before us .....played some great games for us in the top flight...... Easty a good servant for us in league 1 ....couple of very good seasons.
Ha ha was he six two? He seemed small to me. I think he was scarred by his time with us. Whitehead was great for us but not a success afterwards for Reading - a lot of our keepers have had good periods of two or three years.

Ha ha was he six two? He seemed small to me. I think he was scarred by his time with us. Whitehead was great for us but not a success afterwards for Reading - a lot of our keepers have had good periods of two or three years.
He couldn't kick for toffee , would struggle with that side of the game but a good keeper at better level than Easty

Obviously not bullying anyone but do you really need to be so negative and come up with unfunny and actually trying to put down silly ' nickname ' he is far from the finished article but the want to knock is quite astounding.
I do like the but. As I always say, it's a forum, so will post as I wish, as may you. Put down, I said he is a prospect up there to sell on, how is that knocking him? Shakin' Stevens is being festive, and allowing for a few errors.
Relax man, we'll see how Stevens performs not yesterday but Saturday. It matters not what I think, kr seems to bring in loans anytime stevens gets near keeping goal. We need a genuine first choice, someone commanding his area. Some have written Eastwood off, but every keeper loses form. He's 31 and will come good. As Eastwood has lost form, lets hope stevens finds some to sheer up the defence, or we may all just "Cry just a little bit." :ROFLMAO:

I do like the but. As I always say, it's a forum, so will post as I wish, as may you. Put down, I said he is a prospect up there to sell on, how is that knocking him? Shakin' Stevens is being festive, and allowing for a few errors.
Relax man, we'll see how Stevens performs not yesterday but Saturday. It matters not what I think, kr seems to bring in loans anytime stevens gets near keeping goal. We need a genuine first choice, someone commanding his area. Some have written Eastwood off, but every keeper loses form. He's 31 and will come good. As Eastwood has lost form, lets hope stevens finds some to sheer up the defence, or we may all just "Cry just a little bit." :ROFLMAO:
It's not though, you enjoy putting younger players down and the Shakin bit wasn't exactly trying to boost how people perceive him . Loans were at a time when it really wasn't the right time for Stevens but I think we all see it is now . He may be the answer, maybe he won't be but try to support him and let's see🤞🤞

Jim Barron was IMHO our best ever keeper. I appreciate that many on here won't have seen him. Followed by 'Burty' I've seen them all from Harry Fearnley onwards!!
Totally agree. I saw him on his debut for oufc in a reserves match. To this day, I have an image in my mind of him making a reactive save from a point blank header that even Shilton would have been proud of.

Hucker was about five foot six! And didn’t go on anywhere after us. I think it’s very difficult to assess keepers as they aren’t in play the whole time and can’t be compared with the rest of the players on the field.

Hucker did play in the top flight. Wasn't he QPR's keeper in the Milk Cup Final?

No, that was Paul Barron.

Hucker played for them in the 1982 FA Cup Fianl vs Spurs.
Didn't Hucker end up at Man Utd on loan during his time with us? Can't remember if he left us for anyone else, but seem to remember him dropping out of the professional game pretty quickly afterwards.

Didn't Hucker end up at Man Utd on loan during his time with us? Can't remember if he left us for anyone else, but seem to remember him dropping out of the professional game pretty quickly afterwards.
I don’t think he was at Man U? I recall him going to Aldershot. In my mind he was a Sam Slocombe type of keeper but it was my early days of watching us.

Roy Burton was before my time and I don’t remember much about Alan Judge. Phil Whitehead was better, other than that he’s up there with any other established keeper we had.
Jimmy Barron would just shade it as the best Oufc keeper for me

Honourable mention for Roy Burton

And i can remember , way back when I was an anklebiter, Harry Fearnley was our keeper, (who ,along with Big Ron and Colin Harrington numbered among my favourite players at that time)

Last edited:
For comedy value, who remembers Paul Lundin and Mike Salmon [emoji85]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom