Home Match Day Thread 1/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two teams low on confidence probing around pretty ponderously.

At least we haven't (YET) let in the obligatory two goals. A very scrappy game between two very poor sides frightened to lose.

Down to 20th now.

We were looking to get a response and I think you can say we just about did. The better team and a couple of good chances created. That said, it’s still 0-0 and I can see us conceding a sucker punch at some point.

McGuane is becoming indispensable imo. Showing what a player he is with some recent performances. A midfield of him with a fully fit CB and AG would be superb at this level.

Or a rare occurrence with injuries, cards etc.

Evening lads , only just got in so missed the first half . Nice to see we have kept it 0-0 , I hope we can step up for the second half.

UTM

Yeah, slightly frustrating half again.

We look the better side, and dangerous from set pieces especially, but I can only think of two real chances (Henry's header against the post; Moore's header wide). Meanwhile Ipswich have looked thoroughly unimpressive and really have created nothing.

McGuane has looked lively again. Shodipo has been better than he has been in a while - has been involved, and won a bunch of free kicks. Defense have all looked solid.

Now the big question is can we push on after half time.....or will we completely fold again as we tire?

That last five minutes started to feel like the last 15 mins of Swindon. Bit hit and hope.

Shodipo looked good as did McGuane. Gorrin is the heart and soul of this team. On another day it’s 2-0 right now.

Not much for Stevens to do but he dealt with most of it well (maybe could have caught a cross but I’m being harsh).
Fantastic result in the cricket - Dawid could be a great 🏏

BIG CONCERN SECOND HALF is mentality. The residual feeling of losing a lead in a prior game or your shape collapsing can sometimes last a few games in my opinion and gets into your head

• React
Reactions: UTM
Is this the game we finally keep a clean sheet? We look as shaky as ever but Ipswich look poor so maybe it finally will be.

I would take a point now, all help towards the relegation battle and stops the losing run at home before a very tough game Saturday.

• React
That last five minutes started to feel like the last 15 mins of Swindon. Bit hit and hope.

Shodipo looked good as did McGuane. Gorrin is the heart and soul of this team. On another day it’s 2-0 right now.

Not much for Stevens to do but he dealt with most of it well (maybe could have caught a cross but I’m being harsh).
Fantastic result in the cricket - Dawid could be a great 🏏

If you look at it again he was bundled into by one of our own players who had tripped just before collecting so he opted to punch, which he did well away from goal.

Looking forward to seeing Clare come on and running at their left back in this half.

Ponderous but unlucky not to be in front, decent showing but still a little nervy at the back.

Evening lads , only just got in so missed the first half . Nice to see we have kept it 0-0 , I hope we can step up for the second half.

UTM
And I've already forgotten what happened so we're in the same boat.

• React
Same old story to be honest. Lots of possession without creating a lot with it.

• React
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom