Home Match Day Thread 1/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
And yet another match! We are not doing so well at the moment but neither are Ipswich. Maybe we will surprise everybody and get 3 points, We certainly need them.

Somehow hadn't clocked that this was a home game!

Suppose I have to watch it now given that I've paid for it.

I’m going to watch this match despite vowing that I wouldn’t after the Swindon game. I’m feeling oddly optimistic given their injury record and the fact that, for the last 1.5 games, we’ve actually played quite well! We have some players in a bit of form (as well as others woefully out of it) and as long as we stick to what we do best, passing the ball around at the back, we could definitely win this one.

I’ve said this a couple of times now but I can’t see how any other team other than this can play (presuming Cooper isn’t back until Saturday):

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly McGuane
Clare Taylor Obita

Subs: Eastwood, Mousinho, Elechi, Forde, Henry, Hall, Agyei​

Boy another game to endure. Spose it stops us dwelling about the scum game, gives us something else to think about. Tough tough game. Perversely i think id rather they were flying at the moment to take a lot of pressure of the boys, but no they are on a run as bad as ours. not confident about this depends on the side that KR picks. Hopefully we get all 3 points.

Don’t hold out much hope and I’m only saying this in our previous performances and that includes our wins.

I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm really confident that we'll get a positive result.

Said no one ever.

Having read the woes of Ipswich, it’s a good time to be playing them. Anything from this game and I’ll be delighted. COYY

ps Please Santa let the team selection be sensible.
yours
fourthstand in Abingdon

Absolute defeat for this one. When you can't beat a Scum side as crap as the one that visited at the weekend by displaying a terrible attitude, lacking discipline, looking unfit and falling to pieces with revolting errors, there's no hope against Ipswich.

I may check in to see how we've got on at the final whistle. For those daring to listen or watch, good luck to you.

Can we field a subs bench with players capable of coming on at any point and who are fully fit.

This will rule out Mousinho and Hall.

For the game itself, will take a 1-1.

Think it’ll be 2-1 Ipswich.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about the sudden positivity around Kelly.

I realize he had a good half against the scum (and one excellent pass for the goal) but quite frankly he was in a position that allowed him to perhaps look better given the opponents and their approach. He had a free role behind the forwards against a team who spent 45 minutes backing off.

I’d like to see Forde back in there in order to restore some calm and experience in a game where the team may be a little shell shocked.

Tonights ref seems a nasty piece of work:
Tonight’s referee is former Premier League official Bobby Madley, who has shown 34 yellow cards and no red in 10 games so far this season.

West Yorkshire-based Madley left his top flight role in August 2018 after making and texting a video which made fun of a disabled person which was then made known to his employers.

He returned to refereeing in this country earlier this year following a spell officiating in the lower leagues in Norway

Should get on like a house on fire with 'Mr Robinson' and Dave's dog could get a surprise if he invades the pitch this evening. Is Lambert in reasonable mental health?

If we make the core changes from Saturdays lineup as discussed on here I think we could get a result.

I fear KR will be too stubborn to change much for tonight and as bad as Ipswich have been recently I’m saying 0-1.

Hope I’m proved wrong! 🤞🏻

If we make the core changes from Saturdays lineup as discussed on here I think we could get a result.

I fear KR will be too stubborn to change much for tonight and as bad as Ipswich have been recently I’m saying 0-1.

Hope I’m proved wrong! 🤞🏻
Ah so KR simply needs to look on here to get his team and all will be well.

Would anybody know if you can get ifollow in Perth W. Australia, i have a pal who lives there and is from Oxford and a life long supporter. Any help would be appreciated.

Surely the first 0-0 of the season. Two teams petrified of losing. Entertainment Value = 3/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom