• Bristol Rovers

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do worry a bit about Shodipo's fitness. He's been with us a while now - surely long enough to be fit enough to play for a full 90 minutes?

I do worry a bit about Shodipo's fitness. He's been with us a while now - surely long enough to be fit enough to play for a full 90 minutes?
KR probably wanted to get Barker into the squad ASAP. So either of them could’ve started the game. I think by starting with Barker, he got to see how long he laste, before bringing on a known quantity in Mido. Wouldn’t be surprised if he swaps the two of them on Tuesday. It will depend on what the back room team say.

KR probably wanted to get Barker into the squad ASAP. So either of them could’ve started the game. I think by starting with Barker, he got to see how long he laste, before bringing on a known quantity in Mido. Wouldn’t be surprised if he swaps the two of them on Tuesday. It will depend on what the back room team say.
Oh I agree and I thought Barker looked excellent in the time he was on the pitch.

It was more the general point of Shodipo reputedly not being fit enough to play a full game, or to play two games in a week - that just seems a bit odd to me.

Last edited:
Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes Brannagan
Lee Taylor Shodipo

SUBS: Barker, Henry, Winnall, Forde, Grayson, Kelly, Eastwood

Shodipo was brilliant when he came on against Donny, so if what people say about him struggling to play two matches in a week is true, give him a start, and then sub him after 60mins, once he's given us a comfortable lead!

After having to come off as a precaution on Saturday, maybe it's wise to ease Barker in for the first few games, and swap him with Shodipo after 60mins.

After Saturdays 2nd half horror show, Henry needs to come out of the firing line, and recharge the batteries a bit, but I think he's still a class player with lots to offer from a wide right position, so start him on the bench, then swap him with Lee after 60-70mins.

I'd like to see Sykes given a game in midfield, we need a bit of dynamism, and intricate creativity in midfield, and he looked very good against Wimbledon, in The David Silva role, so with Mcguane still out, I'd give him his chance.

After getting within touching distance of the playoffs, let's hope Saturday was just a blip, and with a tweak here and there, we can get back to winning ways, and push on.

COYY

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannagan Sykes
Barker Taylor Lee

After Saturdays performance, I think we should be setting out to make a statement! Henry and Kelly were very poor and shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11. I thought Barker and Lee were brilliant and will only get better, as they approach full fitness. Swap Barker for Shodipo in the second half. Shodipo was excellent on Saturday and after Barker has ran them ragged, Shodipo will cause them no end of problems.

If we play like we did on Saturday, it will be a massacre! Big shout here but I’m going for 5-0. COYY! 💛💙

If we play like we did on Saturday, it will be a massacre! Big shout here but I’m going for 5-0. COYY! 💛💙

Play like we did on Saturday and it won't be a 0 in the goals against [Oxford] column.

A pitch with suitable covers should easily below to withstand the sort of temperatures forecast.

The question is, are they suitable?

• React
Reactions: m
we should P**s them but you know us....👀👀👀👀 as for the match being on.....i would guess they would prefer to play us after our defeat....??

Shodipo seems to me to be a classic winger - he has spells where he's completely unplayable, and then spells where he's utterly invisible. And those spells can last 10 minutes, or they can last several games.

At the moment, he's in the middle of his hottest streak since he joined the club. Not only was he brilliant coming on as a sub against Donny, he was also excellent from the start in the Pizza Cup game last Tuesday. I just think you've got to try and ride that streak. If you don't start him now, then you're basically saying that you're never going to start him.

The back five, Gorrin, Brannagan, Lee & Taylor are all automatic selections as well (unless anyone's picked up a knock).

So then it comes down to Barker, Sykes & Henry for the final spot.
If KR is comfortable using Lee in the midfield three, it'll probably be Barker.
If not, then Lee will play on the right, and it depends on whether KR wants to go with Class or Form.........hope that the better player can dig himself out of a rut, or go with the lesser player who's playing closer to his capabilities at the moment.

I think most people agree that Henry was poor on Saturday, but this doesn’t make him a crap player. I still want him in the first team line up, but not starting for a game or two. Kelly needs to prove he’s worth keeping, he’s not done enough IMO.
KR and the back team know if there are issues with players and if their form in training warrants a place in the squad, so we need to keep faith in their decisions.

As far as triple substitutions go.... No..... too disruptive.

My prediction is: P-P.

Can't see this being on. -2°c in Bristol tonight and not getting above freezing until lunchtime tomorrow before being below freezing again by kickoff.

For once I'm glad I will be watching (hopefully if game on) from the warmth of home rather than that horrible terrace.
When we play there it seems to be the extremes of weather, either bright hot sunshine (last season and when Roofe scored "that" goal) or miserable cold and chucking down with rain.

For once I'm glad I will be watching (hopefully if game on) from the warmth of home rather than that horrible terrace.
When we play there it seems to be the extremes of weather, either bright hot sunshine (last season and when Roofe scored "that" goal) or miserable cold and chucking down with rain.
Because of the poor view from the terrace, one year I went in the temporary stand behind the goal. How does it pass safety regulations? When everyone leaps to their feet it waves like a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom