Home Match Day Thread +++ 06/01/2018 OUFC v Blackpool match day thread +++

I thought Carroll was sneakily terrible in the first half. Poor positioning, poor passing and cannot help but dive in where should stay on his feet - there were a couple of chances they had where he made a massive rick. The lad has talent, but has a long way to go to make it in the game. Compared with the grief Tiendalli gets for walking on the pitch...

Ruffels is struggling at the moment as well, where once he was quick on the ball, now he doesn't look as confident and seems quite ponderous. We desperately need another option in the middle of the park in this transfer window. Gino will always look half arsed as a player - it's just the way he is - but some of the grief he gets is a bit much. By no means the finished article, but not "atrocious" as I see people call him.

The manager deserves some credit today. The high press we had made life tough for Blackpool. Their CBs were ponderous on the ball and looked lost when the easy out down the channel wasn't there.

Same could be said if Thomas squared it to obika, mowatt, Gino and several others second half

Exactly. Point I was trying to make is that these are ‘chances’ to my mind even if there wasn’t a shot. The right decision at the right time from each of our forwards could have easily led to 2/3 goals.

• React
Reactions: m
But to be fair the way were playing at the moment and have been for most of the season people do have a right to moan but if were playing well and regularly [people will be positive and cheer I certainly would, but apart from the Beaks goal there wasn't much to cheer about. If per chance the moaner sitting behind is me then I will keep moaning when we could and should do better then I will moan but as I said if our performances improve and we win or even if we lose but our playing has improved big time then I will cheer.
Barry - if only it were actual moaning. But it’s not. It’s a constant barrage of “you f*****g w****r”, “don’t deserve to wear the shirt”, “you’re not even a footballer”. Loud enough for our players to hear. I honestly don’t get it.

The result on the pitch disguised the stewards turfing people out through hard ticket checks for the 3rd/4th game in a row. Was watching it from my seat and it was appalling. Far too many bright yellow jackets moving people about. "Toys out the pram" and "sulking" are just comments that will make them wonder why they even bothered in the first place I imagine. Think more questions should be aimed at the Wycombe fan who's now security officer.
For those of us with STs, could you please explain what hard ticket checks are?

Barry - if only it were actual moaning. But it’s not. It’s a constant barrage of “you f*****g w****r”, “don’t deserve to wear the shirt”, “you’re not even a footballer”. Loud enough for our players to hear. I honestly don’t get it.

That is sad.

I understand what your saying and unfortunately this goes on at all 92 premier and FL clubs and I won’t hide behind anyone and say I don’t because I do, but not to the detriment of your listed comments. Obviously players an hear what is shouted and it must hurt them. The only thing I would hope in that scenario would be they would go all out to make everyone who has gobbled of about them is to make them shove those comments up the arses of this who made them.

Just for the recorded mine are usually “ ffs, f*****g he’ll get at em, ref you’re f*****g useless or dirty bastard “ but I think in retrospect with what we have seen this season people do have a right to moan, for those of us who are old enough to remeber the good times and that’s it just the top flight but division2/ championship you do want to see a return, but in the last 19 years the best times have been Mapp and his second and third seasons with the U’s but at the moment it does appear to be disappearing .

I understand what your saying and unfortunately this goes on at all 92 premier and FL clubs and I won’t hide behind anyone and say I don’t because I do, but not to the detriment of your listed comments. Obviously players an hear what is shouted and it must hurt them. The only thing I would hope in that scenario would be they would go all out to make everyone who has gobbled of about them is to make them shove those comments up the arses of this who made them.

Just for the recorded mine are usually “ ffs, f*****g he’ll get at em, ref you’re f*****g useless or dirty bastard “ but I think in retrospect with what we have seen this season people do have a right to moan, for those of us who are old enough to remeber the good times and that’s it just the top flight but division2/ championship you do want to see a return, but in the last 19 years the best times have been Mapp and his second and third seasons with the U’s but at the moment it does appear to be disappearing .
?????

I thought Carroll was sneakily terrible in the first half. Poor positioning, poor passing and cannot help but dive in where should stay on his feet - there were a couple of chances they had where he made a massive rick. The lad has talent, but has a long way to go to make it in the game. Compared with the grief Tiendalli gets for walking on the pitch

It feels that fans have decided on their views of both these players before the game has started. Canice will be a very big player for us but it feels that fans are only seeing the positives. In the first half he was never tight enough to his winner who got numerous crosses in. The point was made that his distribution was no worse than some others but they were not being praised for such a comanding performance.

Tiendali is getting better game by game but again I suspect that people have decided that he is poor before the start of the game and the is little he can do to change that pre-determined view. He is far from perfect but he certainly not as bad as people will have you believe

Obika was one of our worst players bar the goal, shocked he got motm

Eastwood and Ledson class

Fans getting onto Tiendalli’s back before a ball is kicked isn’t helpful

Agree with that, Eastwood and Ledson class above!!

Go and abuse the television then, Barry. Not our players. It certainly doesn’t help.
Well I’m sorry you feel that way about
My honesty but unfortunately for you there are a few other thousand shouting similar abuse others shout more hurtful abuse but most is similar to what I’ve mentioned which is heard all over the place at other grounds as well, but off course you’ve never moaned have you?

Not so the players can hear me, no. And I’ve seen much better football too.

My view
Left the ground very happy
3 points
evening not ruined
did I care that it was not a great performance - no
yes I could analyse individuals and their performances BUT to what end.
2 home wins on the bounce - a nice away day pending at Walsall
Getting closer to the playoffs
Blimey if we sign a couple of decent players who knows
Take the positives - HAPPY DAYS !!

It feels that fans have decided on their views of both these players before the game has started. Canice will be a very big player for us but it feels that fans are only seeing the positives. In the first half he was never tight enough to his winner who got numerous crosses in. The point was made that his distribution was no worse than some others but they were not being praised for such a comanding performance.

Tiendali is getting better game by game but again I suspect that people have decided that he is poor before the start of the game and the is little he can do to change that pre-determined view. He is far from perfect but he certainly not as bad as people will have you believe

I certainly didn't say Carroll had a commanding performance rather a decent one, just as the defence had as a whole as well, certainly in comparison to the last few months. As for his distribution it was no worse than the other defenders or midfielders and certainly better than the likes of Jack Payne yesterday yet he gets called out for his distribution.

Certainly, my view on Carroll and Tiendalli was formed by their performance on the pitch as my only criticism regarding Tiendalli yesterday was the opposition exploited his lack of pace again.

I thought Blackpool did a great job on closing us down. They were getting in our faces as soon as we had the ball. How many times did Jack have 3/4 players snapping at his heels.
Wes needs to start playing for the team and passing rather than running into a crowd of players. I think Pep should have pulled him off rather than Gino cuz Gino has pace which Wes lacks.

I always felt Carroll was being lined up as a defensive midfield replacement for Ledson. I don’t think he’s a full back, to be fair to him.

Back
Top Bottom