Home Match Day Thread 05/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Hull City

Just wondering what @Manorlounger thought of the East Stand "facilities" ?

Seeing how the poor folk live might bring the lack of biscuits into perspective! :ROFLMAO:
View of the game was different, actually prefer to look down on the pitch from the centre line but no doubting the atmosphere of the East stand.
On a serious note, the facilities were appalling and well below what I would consider acceptable for a club like OUFC. I can empathise with those who have complained. The toilets were really of a poor standard. No hot water, the dryers (all two of them) were switched off and the urinals looked disgusting. To have this as a back ground to a return of fans to the ground under pandemic times is just not right. Hand washing should be promoted not neglected. It was a cold afternoon and the stand suffered as a consequence. I would hope that in the new ground (as and when it materialises) a little more basic comfort is introduced. This lack of basic standards is not acceptable and a poor reflection on our club. Granted, when the ground was built it was just the norm for all football fans to be treated as animals but enough time has elapsed for that preconception to be dispelled.

I would also point out that it was all very well having hand gel at point of entry, but the lack of any thereafter was not good. None in the toilets at all. If I was to return to the East stand I would have to take hand gel and hope that others were like minded.

As to the biscuits, we took our own, and very nice they were too, washed down with tea from our own flasks. Good job we took provisions, the staff on duty were a little over familiar and didn't appear to have any catering facilities. Do you know, they actually spoke to us as though we had been introduced! Shocking!

View of the game was different, actually prefer to look down on the pitch from the centre line but no doubting the atmosphere of the East stand.
On a serious note, the facilities were appalling and well below what I would consider acceptable for a club like OUFC. I can empathise with those who have complained. The toilets were really of a poor standard. No hot water, the dryers (all two of them) were switched off and the urinals looked disgusting. To have this as a back ground to a return of fans to the ground under pandemic times is just not right. Hand washing should be promoted not neglected. It was a cold afternoon and the stand suffered as a consequence. I would hope that in the new ground (as and when it materialises) a little more basic comfort is introduced. This lack of basic standards is not acceptable and a poor reflection on our club. Granted, when the ground was built it was just the norm for all football fans to be treated as animals but enough time has elapsed for that preconception to be dispelled.

I would also point out that it was all very well having hand gel at point of entry, but the lack of any thereafter was not good. None in the toilets at all. If I was to return to the East stand I would have to take hand gel and hope that others were like minded.

As to the biscuits, we took our own, and very nice they were too, washed down with tea from our own flasks. Good job we took provisions, the staff on duty were a little over familiar and didn't appear to have any catering facilities. Do you know, they actually spoke to us as though we had been introduced! Shocking!

It`s surprising what you get used too, having selected by ST off of the plan back in the day I find watching football from the side peculiar!
Yes the toilets and facilities are grim and I would suggest far from "Covid Secure" !
I should imagine the attire may have singled you out for the over familiar treatment..... :ROFLMAO:

Well I think football has come on in leaps and bounds since the days on the Beech Rd when some people used to P**s in the sinks! 🤮

We don’t know how lucky we are! 😀

Well I think football has come on in leaps and bounds since the days on the Beech Rd when some people used to P**s in the sinks! 🤮

We don’t know how lucky we are! 😀
In the sinks? I always used to think the Beech Road lot were posh. In the LRT you used to go up to the back and P**s against the corrogated iron back panels and be done with it.

There was a hand sanitizer outside the toilets.

When we moved to the las dam I sat in the east stand for a few seasons, even when it was ‘new” the toilets were a bit primitive, moved to the ssl , no change, no hot water, cleaning seems to be an optional extra, never bothered with the food no appeal, seat numbers soon disappeared ,perhaps if we owned it and a bit more TLC happened it wouldn’t be as unattractive as a experience

In the sinks? I always used to think the Beech Road lot were posh. In the LRT you used to go up to the back and P**s against the corrogated iron back panels and be done with it.
Happy happy days.

The stink if the bogs were blocked was something else and it wasn't exactly a rare event!

Back
Top Bottom