Home Match Day Thread 05/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Hull City

Did like to see Rob D going forward. A lot like the other Rob.

I thought it was a pretty good game. Yellows were the better team for the whole first half and for a good part of the second. Nice to see everyone contributing well.
Fingers crossed eh?

Did like to see Rob D going forward. A lot like the other Rob.

I thought it was a pretty good game. Yellows were the better team for the whole first half and for a good part of the second. Nice to see everyone contributing well.
Fingers crossed eh?
Imagine we could have held on to some players....A Dickie/ Atkinson centre back pairing ....Fosu / Whyte on either wing !!!

A very well taken goal. He did seem involved a lot more than previously, but did appear to give the ball away a hell of a lot with passes that weren't quite on it.
Perhaps then over confident?

Just saw the highlights and there was a very good stop from Stevens in the second half. One you’d expect him to make but got two strong hands behind it.

It’s now 12 games in all competitions for him now and you know how many times he’s been on the losing team? Just once (Peterborough in the FA Cup this season). The kid knows how not to get beaten.

Just saw the highlights and there was a very good stop from Stevens in the second half. One you’d expect him to make but got two strong hands behind it.

It’s now 12 games in all competitions for him now and you know how many times he’s been on the losing team? Just once (Peterborough in the FA Cup this season). The kid knows how not to get beaten.
Even in the warm up he was confident and vocal. All we need now is for him, and the backs to take charge and say, yes, we will play out from the back.

I’m never sure why we leave opposing teams players free on the edge of the box in acres of space on set pieces!

I’m never sure why we leave opposing teams players free on the edge of the box in acres of space on set pieces!
Maybe you should mention it on the fans forum? That's where KR gets all his tactical information!!!

Atkinson looks a real find, I’d be tempted to stick with him. He’s probably even better than Dickie at bringing the ball out. Dickie though was a fantastic defender and a great reader of danger and Atkinson isn’t at that level yet. Long, McGuane and Kelly are all playing really well and a word for Matty Taylor too, not having loads of luck in front of goal but his work rate and general play has been exceptional.

It was a much improved performance, from the players and management, and one that provides a bit of optimism that maybe we’ll have enough to move away from danger.

Having a more settled defence has certainly helped. Atkinson looked very good, Long once again showed how important he is, with a real committed display, and the excellent support Gorrin provides is invaluable, and with Mcguane and Kelly finally finding some form and showing their qualities, there is definitely reason for optimism moving forwards.

However, it’s only one game, and we’ve had a couple of false dawns already this season, so we need to make sure we build on that result and performance.

Onwards and upwards 🤞

After 15 games last season we had 25 pts.
We are 10 pts down on that this season!
KR talks now about how he saved us from relegation in his first season with us.
Being in the bottom four has focused minds.

Don’t think our niggling fouling is helping our cause at present
Agreed. We were getting swamped with free kicks and corners in the last 20 minutes.
At the same time, we were playing a more aggressive, pressing game than we have tended to this season, which worked well for the first hour or so. It's a good tactic against better sides.
Just need to limit the free kicks in the dangerous areas.

Got a link?

105 now..............

Back
Top Bottom